Recruitment is such a process that most of the people go through at least once in life. The recruitment process becomes beneficial for the company and the candidate both. There are two types of recruitment that is done for any company to get the employees. Both of these two type f recruitments have some advantages and also some disadvantages.
According to Mr. William Almonte, a business person should have proper knowledge about the advantages as well as the disadvantages of these two types of recruitment.
Before you know about the advantages and disadvantages of these two types of recruitment, According to William Almonte you should have enough knowledge to define these two types of recruitment.
Internal recruitment- In this type of recruitment the company picks an employee of the company to work for some other post.
External recruitment- In this type of recruitment the company finds new candidates to join the company as an employee.
Now you know what the external an internal recruitment means, let us discuss the advantages and disadvantages of these two types of recruitment.
Advantages of internal recruitment
- Time-saving- The process of internal recruitment does not require much time to recruit an employee because in this type of recruitment an employee of that company is promoted to another post of the same company. This is why the employee has proper knowledge about the business of the company. This helps the employee to work better and quicker.
- The chance to select the right person- In this type of recruitment the company could recruit the employee for another post after watching the performance of the employee till date, so that they may not face any inconvenience for a new and unskilled employee.
- Promotion- This type of recruitment provides the chance to the employees to get promoted in the higher post. Getting a promotion is always good for the employee because the salary gets higher as well as your experiences. The employees of the company will work hard to get promoted to the higher post. This is also beneficial for the company because the company will get high-quality performance.
Disadvantages of internal recruitment
- The occurrence of new vacancy- The biggest problem of internal recruitment is the occurrence of a new vacancy. This is why the company has to arrange the external recruitment program for new candidates.
- No new ideas- In this process of recruitment the old candidate is being promoted to a new post, so there is very less chance to work with a new idea and that makes the company less innovative.
Advantages of external recruitment
- New minds new ideas- In this type of recruiting new candidates to come with new ideas that make their performance more innovative.
- A huge number of options to select new employee- The process of external recruitment gives the chance to select any appropriate employee for the company from a huge pool of applicants. Those people also come with some experiences that are beneficial for the company.
Disadvantages of external recruitment
- Expensive- This type of recruitment requires going through a huge process that requires a lot of money and man strength.
- Time taking- This type of recruitment requires a lot of time to complete the process of recruitment. For more data visit here